Friday, October 5, 2012

Argyle

Hello and happy Friday to you!

The challenge may be over but I'm still painting my nails. Today I have a super fun and a super cute design to show you. While reading one of my favorite nail blogs, Let Them Have Polish, I came across an argyle design that I thought was one the best executed argyle patterns I had seen. She has been having some guest posters and they are doing a bang up job. You can see it here, isn't it awesome???

I have been wanting to do argyle nails for a while now and when I saw these I decided to go for it. I picked colors that go with the season, grabbed my striping tape, dotting tool, some patience and set to work.

I love how they came out! I plan on wearing them all weekend.


 
The polishes I used are Zoya Dove (light grey), Sinful Colors Slate (darker grey), and China Glaze Short and Sassy (wine) and the white for the dots is Pure Ice Super Star.
 
Do you like accent nails like this? I do! I love having pattern on my nails and painting only a couple accent nails keeps it from being to busy and gives it an elegant look (to my eye). Would you prefer all your nails with pattern?
 
 
 
 
If you haven't tried argyle yet you should! If you want to know how I did it let me know and I'll show ya, it's truly not hard and the pay off is big!
 
Ta ta for now,
Tammy :)

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, so either good or bad feel free to let me know what you think.